Officials Holding Public Meeting On Lake Powell Pipeline
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Officials will be holding a public meeting on a proposed pipeline from Lake Powell to Sand Hollow reservoir near St. George.
The Bureau of Reclamation will be hosting two meetings on its environmental review of the 140-mile-long pipeline. The meetings will be held Wednesday and Thursday, both at 6 p.m. Both of the meetings will be held virtually.
The proposed pipeline would establish a second source of water for Washington County, according to a statement from Bureau of Reclamation.
“The State of Utah is developing the prject to help meet future water demands and diversify and enhance the reliability of Washington County’s regional water supply portfolio,” according to the statement.
- Details emerge in killings of 2 elderly Clearfield residents (pageviews: 21340)
- EXCLUSIVE: Man takes woman hostage on flight to SLC, Good Samaritan steps in (pageviews: 8551)
- Man arrested in Mexico for murder of Utah radio host (pageviews: 7157)
- Charges in crash that killed 3 should not have been dismissed, Utah appeals court says (pageviews: 6307)
- Here is a list of stores open on Thanksgiving day for that last-minute ingredient - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5572)
- Church opening six new missions in 2023 (pageviews: 3940)