Officials Holding Public Meeting On Lake Powell Pipeline
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Officials will be holding a public meeting on a proposed pipeline from Lake Powell to Sand Hollow reservoir near St. George.
The Bureau of Reclamation will be hosting two meetings on its environmental review of the 140-mile-long pipeline. The meetings will be held Wednesday and Thursday, both at 6 p.m. Both of the meetings will be held virtually.
The proposed pipeline would establish a second source of water for Washington County, according to a statement from Bureau of Reclamation.
“The State of Utah is developing the prject to help meet future water demands and diversify and enhance the reliability of Washington County’s regional water supply portfolio,” according to the statement.
- Wednesday's Child: Austin Finds His Forever Home After 5,449 Days In Foster Care (pageviews: 12390)
- Street Painter Sprays Several Neighborhood Cars In West Jordan (pageviews: 9711)
- Arizona Police Say They Plan To File Charges Against Lori Vallow (pageviews: 5916)
- Parents Rally For 5-Day, In-Person Learning At Davis School District (pageviews: 4623)
- State Revises Back-To-School COVID-19 Plan, Removes 'Modified Quarantine' (pageviews: 3800)
- Ammonium Nitrate May Have Sparked Beirut Explosion. It Also Happened In Texas In 1947 (pageviews: 3395)
- Salt Lake Community College Taylorsville Campus Shelter-In-Place Lifted (pageviews: 3188)
- State Revises Back-To-School COVID-19 Plan (pageviews: 3184)
- ‘Mistakes Were Made,’ But Cox Stands By Utah’s COVID-19 Response (pageviews: 2228)