‘I Feel Threatened’ Man Loses Job After Outburst Over Costco Mask Policy
(CNN) – A man’s profanity-laced outburst in a Florida Costco after an elderly woman asked him to put on a mask ended up costing him his job.
The incident was all caught on video, and the man’s employers took action after that video went viral.
The person behind the camera said the elderly woman inside the store asked the man to wear a mask, according to Costco’s member policy. That policy applies at all times for both employees and shoppers.
“Your choice is here,” said shopper Penny Holt from the parking lot of the Costco. “You can wear a mask or you don’t go in.”
The man shooting the video said the person who was upset over being asked to wear a mask started yelling and harassing the older woman. When he cut in, the man started yelling at him.
The Ted Todd Insurance Agency in Bonita Springs, Florida, said the man in the video is a former employee. They fired him when social media users alerted them to the video. In a statement, they said the behavior is in direct conflict with the company values.
A local TV station reported it reached out to the man in the video, but they haven’t heard back yet. The county sheriff’s office said it’s aware of the incident.
- Plane Crash Survivors Share Their Miracle In The Sky (pageviews: 10342)
- Zoo & Aquarium Animals Reacting In Unexpected Ways During Shutdown (pageviews: 9898)
- Some Davis Co. Parents Scramble For School Options (pageviews: 6370)
- 6-Year-Old Boy Hit On Bicycle, Thrown 30 Feet In Kearns (pageviews: 3693)
- Pres. Trump Allows Some Unemployment Pay, Defers Payroll Tax (pageviews: 3661)
- Small Plane With 6 Onboard Crashes In Duchesne County (pageviews: 2936)
- Low-Speed Pursuit, Fire In Kearns Lead To Discovery Of Larger Series Of Crimes (pageviews: 2448)
- Simon Cowell Injures Back While Testing Electric Bicycle (pageviews: 2361)
- Wednesday's Child: Austin Finds His Forever Home After 5,449 Days In Foster Care (pageviews: 2151)