Utah Taste Off Promotes Local Products With Food Kits
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — The founders of a Utah company are hoping their new business model will spark interest in shopping local.
That business, Utah Taste Off, prepares food kits each week featuring various Utah products.
The company’s cofounder said the idea started when the coronavirus pandemic hit and canceled their scheduled events.
“Not only was it for us to keep our business going, but all these other small businesses across Utah’s valleys were able to get bulk orders, and people could try new places, so they were thrilled,” Lacey Page said.
Utah Taste Off receives nearly 400 orders for kits each week with pickup locations in Davis, Salt Lake and Utah counties. Page said the sudden success of the program had been overwhelming and exciting.
“We’ve put back over $112,000 into 84 different businesses,” she said. “We never expected that to be the case, but it’s been really exciting.”
The kits also serve as a competition between the products each week. Customers can vote for their favorite, and a winner is announced each Thursday night.
“I’ve had a mom tell me that having this kit has brought the family together and kept her teenagers from fighting at the dinner table,” Page said.
You can order kits each Friday for the upcoming week at utahtasteoff.com.
- Wednesday's Child: Austin Finds His Forever Home After 5,449 Days In Foster Care (pageviews: 12390)
- Street Painter Sprays Several Neighborhood Cars In West Jordan (pageviews: 9711)
- Arizona Police Say They Plan To File Charges Against Lori Vallow (pageviews: 5916)
- Parents Rally For 5-Day, In-Person Learning At Davis School District (pageviews: 4623)
- State Revises Back-To-School COVID-19 Plan, Removes 'Modified Quarantine' (pageviews: 3800)
- Ammonium Nitrate May Have Sparked Beirut Explosion. It Also Happened In Texas In 1947 (pageviews: 3395)
- Salt Lake Community College Taylorsville Campus Shelter-In-Place Lifted (pageviews: 3188)
- State Revises Back-To-School COVID-19 Plan (pageviews: 3184)
- ‘Mistakes Were Made,’ But Cox Stands By Utah’s COVID-19 Response (pageviews: 2228)