FanX Postponed Until 2021 Due To Pandemic
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The organizers of FanX announced Friday the September 2020 comic convention has been canceled because of safety concerns caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
A news release announcing the decision said, “After discussions with community leaders, health officials, and the surge of COVID-19 cases in Utah the past few weeks, we feel it’s in the best interest of our community to postpone.”
Utah health officials announced a record high 867 coronavirus cases Friday.
FanX is the latest of a long list of popular events canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Tickets will be automatically rolled over for 2021. People who already have tickets can contact FanX customer support for information on refunds or other options by August 15.
The release said organizers have already started planning for the 2021 convention.
- Why this mom’s abortion decision challenged her family’s religious beliefs (pageviews: 8360)
- At least 2 injured after semi hauling beehives tips on I-80 (pageviews: 8027)
- 48 migrants die after trailer abandoned in Texas heat (pageviews: 6371)
- Family members remember, honor two USU plane crash victims (pageviews: 6297)
- UPDATE: Ogden teen found by family (pageviews: 4692)
- Man arrested for domestic violence after victim calls police under guise to 'order a pizza' (pageviews: 3431)