FanX Postponed Until 2021 Due To Pandemic
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The organizers of FanX announced Friday the September 2020 comic convention has been canceled because of safety concerns caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
A news release announcing the decision said, “After discussions with community leaders, health officials, and the surge of COVID-19 cases in Utah the past few weeks, we feel it’s in the best interest of our community to postpone.”
Utah health officials announced a record high 867 coronavirus cases Friday.
FanX is the latest of a long list of popular events canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Tickets will be automatically rolled over for 2021. People who already have tickets can contact FanX customer support for information on refunds or other options by August 15.
The release said organizers have already started planning for the 2021 convention.
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 13441)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 7554)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 5852)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 4852)
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 4484)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 3699)