FanX Postponed Until 2021 Due To Pandemic
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The organizers of FanX announced Friday the September 2020 comic convention has been canceled because of safety concerns caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
A news release announcing the decision said, “After discussions with community leaders, health officials, and the surge of COVID-19 cases in Utah the past few weeks, we feel it’s in the best interest of our community to postpone.”
Utah health officials announced a record high 867 coronavirus cases Friday.
FanX is the latest of a long list of popular events canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Tickets will be automatically rolled over for 2021. People who already have tickets can contact FanX customer support for information on refunds or other options by August 15.
The release said organizers have already started planning for the 2021 convention.
- Wednesday's Child: Austin Finds His Forever Home After 5,449 Days In Foster Care (pageviews: 12390)
- Street Painter Sprays Several Neighborhood Cars In West Jordan (pageviews: 9711)
- Arizona Police Say They Plan To File Charges Against Lori Vallow (pageviews: 5916)
- Parents Rally For 5-Day, In-Person Learning At Davis School District (pageviews: 4623)
- State Revises Back-To-School COVID-19 Plan, Removes 'Modified Quarantine' (pageviews: 3800)
- Ammonium Nitrate May Have Sparked Beirut Explosion. It Also Happened In Texas In 1947 (pageviews: 3395)
- Salt Lake Community College Taylorsville Campus Shelter-In-Place Lifted (pageviews: 3188)
- State Revises Back-To-School COVID-19 Plan (pageviews: 3184)
- ‘Mistakes Were Made,’ But Cox Stands By Utah’s COVID-19 Response (pageviews: 2228)