Final Body Recovered From Idaho Airplane Collision Over Lake
COEUR D’ALENE, Idaho (AP) — Authorities say they have recovered the final body of eight people killed when two airplanes collided over a scenic mountain lake in northern Idaho on July 5.
The last body was found inside one of the wrecked aircraft on the bottom of Lake Coeur d’Alene and recovered Thursday.
The body was turned over to the Kootenai County Coroner’s Office. One of the aircraft with six people aboard was a float plane operated by Brooks Seaplane of Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, which conducts charter flights for tourists over the lake.
The second airplane was a Cessna 206 carrying two people and was registered in Lewiston, Idaho.
- School Officials Apologize For 'Abhorrent' Quote In Highland High Yearbook (pageviews: 22143)
- Eight Arrested After Rally In Cottonwood Heights Turns Violent (pageviews: 13986)
- Guidelines For Utah Schools Prompts Family To Rethink Sending Students Back (pageviews: 5963)
- Wilford Brimley, 'Cocoon' And 'Natural' Actor, Dies At 85 (pageviews: 4543)
- Delivered Package Ignites On Eagle Mountain Front Porch (pageviews: 4134)
- Jury Finds State Of Washington Negligent In Deaths Of Susan Powell's Children (pageviews: 3699)
- Suspect Killed; West Jordan Officer Shot In Shoulder (pageviews: 2979)
- Friends Of Teens Injured In Logan Canyon Crash Gather To Show Support (pageviews: 2841)
- Medical Helicopter Dispatched To Utah Lake After Report Of Person Being 'Entangled' In Propeller (pageviews: 2538)