SWAT Responds To West Haven After Medical Incident Leads To Shots Fired
WEST HAVEN, Utah – Multiple law enforcement agencies responded to a home overnight after a man reportedly opened fire on officers after paramedics were called to the scene of a person having a seizure.
The incident began just before 1 a.m. in the area of 2200 West and 3100 South.
According to Lt. Cortney Ryan with the Weber County Sheriff’s Department, the medical unit responded to the scene where they countered a man who was being “uncooperative,” and the WCSO was called to assist.
The patient who had suffered the seizure had reportedly been transported to the hospital by family members.
When sheriff’s deputies began approaching the house, a man inside the home began to fire a gun, according to Ryan. Luckily, no one was hit by the bullets.
Authorities set up a perimeter around the house, and a SWAT team was called. Residents in the area were asked to shelter in place, and several homes were evacuated as a precaution.
After several hours, Ogden Metro SWAT was unable to establish communication with the suspect and eventually made entry into the home. Once inside, they discovered the man deceased from what appeared to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
No law enforcement officers fired their weapons during the incident, Ryan said.
The case is currently under investigation.
- School Officials Apologize For 'Abhorrent' Quote In Highland High Yearbook (pageviews: 22143)
- Eight Arrested After Rally In Cottonwood Heights Turns Violent (pageviews: 13986)
- Guidelines For Utah Schools Prompts Family To Rethink Sending Students Back (pageviews: 5963)
- Wilford Brimley, 'Cocoon' And 'Natural' Actor, Dies At 85 (pageviews: 4543)
- Delivered Package Ignites On Eagle Mountain Front Porch (pageviews: 4134)
- Jury Finds State Of Washington Negligent In Deaths Of Susan Powell's Children (pageviews: 3699)
- Suspect Killed; West Jordan Officer Shot In Shoulder (pageviews: 2979)
- Friends Of Teens Injured In Logan Canyon Crash Gather To Show Support (pageviews: 2841)
- Medical Helicopter Dispatched To Utah Lake After Report Of Person Being 'Entangled' In Propeller (pageviews: 2538)