Man Dies, Woman Inured After Vehicle Vs. Tandem Bike Crash In Magna
MAGNA, Utah – A bicyclist died Thursday morning after being hit by a car on SR 201, authorities said.
The crash happened at approximately 6:45 a.m. at mile marker 4.
According to the Utah Highway Patrol, the man was riding a tandem bicycle with a woman when the crash happened. The man was pronounced dead at the scene and the woman was transported to the hospital by ground ambulance.
UHP Sgt. Nick Street said the two were riding the bike on state Route 201 at 9200 West in the westbound lanes. The bicycle then veered to the right and crossed in front of a white sedan.
The identities of the victims have not been released. The woman’s condition is unknown at this time.
The driver of the vehicle remained on scene and is cooperating with investigators.
Westbound lanes of SR 201 will be closed throughout the morning, UHP said. Commuters should expect major delays.
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 7375)
- Centerville wildfire 'most likely' caused by fireworks; evacuation orders lifted (pageviews: 7194)
- UTA: One man dead, another injured after shooting at TRAX station – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6211)
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5382)
- UTA: One man dead, another injured after shooting at TRAX station (pageviews: 4290)