7,306 New Total Jobless Claims In Utah; 89K Continued Claims
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – State officials reported 7,306 total new unemployment claims were filed for the week ending July 11.
This number includes new traditional unemployment insurance claims (4,828) and new pandemic unemployment assistance claims (1,493). Both numbers are down slightly from the week before.
Currently, 89,081 Utahns have continued filing claims for two weeks or more.
LIVE: The Utah Department of Workforce Services is holding a press conference following report of 7,306 total jobless claims
Posted by KSL 5 TV on Thursday, July 16, 2020
“The unemployment insurance program has paid out over one billion dollars in benefits during the pandemic to support thousands of Utahns and businesses,” said Kevin Burt, Unemployment Insurance Division director for the Utah Department of Workforce Services. “However, the $600 additional weekly stimulus benefit is only available for two more weeks, thankfully there are thousands of jobs available as Utah continues to work towards safe, economic recovery.”
About 1.3 million Americans filed new claims last week, according to the Labor Department. The latest report comes as 22 states have either paused or reversed the reopening of their economies.
In June, the national unemployment rate was 11.1%. While that number is high, it shows a decline from the 13.3% unemployment rate the month before.
- Instagram account of missing woman returns after being deactivated (pageviews: 45491)
- Moab police release details on incident between missing 22-year-old & boyfriend (pageviews: 34639)
- Moab Police responded to incident involving missing woman, boyfriend (pageviews: 21205)
- Authorities searching for missing 22-year-old woman last seen in SLC – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 13494)
- Moab police say they responded to incident involving missing woman, boyfriend – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 12568)
- One killed, another injured after industrial incident at University Hospital (pageviews: 12003)
- Boyfriend of missing 22-year-old woman named person of interest (pageviews: 10881)
- Moab police say they responded to incident involving missing woman, boyfriend (pageviews: 10278)
- Surgeries halted as Utah kidney patient waits for transplant (pageviews: 9533)