Several People Initially Trapped In Basement Of Burning Home
TAYLORSVILLE, Utah – Up to 15 people were trapped inside a Salt Lake County home after a fire broke out overnight.
Officials with the Unified Fire Authority said crews responded to the home at 3382 West Royalwood Drive in Taylorsville around 1 a.m. Saturday.
There were initial reports of several people, including children, trapped inside the basement by the flames.
When firefighters arrived on the scene, six adults and nine children were working their way out of the home.
Two of them were transported to the hospital as a precaution to be treated for smoke inhalation.
Investigators said the fire appeared to be accidental. The exact cause had not been determined.
- Anchorage Alaska Temple to be rebuilt, moved to a new location - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8444)
- Search warrant reveals neighbors discovered bodies of Haight family (pageviews: 7455)
- Body found inside limestone kiln in Salt Lake City foothills (pageviews: 6751)
- Slain Enoch girl texted friend that dad was acting strange and she was worried (pageviews: 5763)
- ‘Overwhelming’ response for radon testing after Lehi woman shares cancer diagnosis story - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5046)
- Snow College employee found dead in off-campus student housing unit (pageviews: 3984)