Rescuers Recover Body Of Man Who Drowned At Bear Lake
ST. CHARLES, Idaho — A difficult time for a Logan family as deputies in Bear Lake County announced they recovered the body of a missing 27-year-old man.
Detectives spotted the body shortly before 1 p.m. Sunday using sonar technology.
Divers were sent down to the area to confirm.
Kayakers said they spotted the man struggling near North Beach Saturday around 7:35 p.m. They went out to the area and saw the man go under, but were not able to get him out in time.
— Garna Mejia KSL (@GarnaMejiaKSL) July 19, 2020
Multiple agencies arrived on scene and assisted in the search effort.
The area is shallow, about 6-10 feet deep, but officials said waves were rocky Saturday night, with wind speeds at about 17 miles per hour.
Deputies later confirmed the man’s identity as Martin T. Garcia.
“Our agency’s heartfelt prayers go out to them at this time,” said Deputy Ryan Larsen with Bear Lake County Sheriff’s Office Marine Patrol.
Garcia’s family is asking for privacy at this time.
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 7375)
- Centerville wildfire 'most likely' caused by fireworks; evacuation orders lifted (pageviews: 7194)
- UTA: One man dead, another injured after shooting at TRAX station – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6211)
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5382)
- UTA: One man dead, another injured after shooting at TRAX station (pageviews: 4290)
- Centerville wildfire ‘most likely’ caused by fireworks; evacuation orders lifted – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4224)