Carjacking Leads To Police Chase, Car Crash, Authorities Say
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Multiple juveniles are in custody after an attempted carjacking led to a police chase and ended in a car crash, authorities said.
The incident began at approximately 3:25 a.m. Monday in the area of 1400 West and 3300 South in West Valley City when the suspects allegedly stole a car at gunpoint, police said.
West Valley City Police Sgt. Steve Beardshall said two suspects fled in their own vehicle and ended up turning down a dead-end street, where police took them into custody.
Two additional suspects, who fled in the stolen vehicle, ended up crashing into a parked car in the area of 900 South and 900 West in Salt Lake City approximately half an hour after the alleged carjacking.
In total, four juveniles were taken into custody.
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 14388)
- Teens build intricate 'Gingerbread Cathedral,' get out of writing essay (pageviews: 5568)
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday (pageviews: 5477)
- Locations of 6 international temples released (pageviews: 5250)
- SB I-15 closed in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 4962)
- Utah's Festival of Trees returns to an in-person event (pageviews: 3162)