Man Finds Late Father’s Corvette On KSL Classifieds
CLEARFIELD, Utah – A discovery on KSL Classifieds led to a family reunion of sorts for one Utah man.
Nic Samuels, who collects cars, thought his father’s 1980 Chevrolet Corvette was gone forever.
His father, Michael Samuels, sold it while Nic was serving overseas in the U.S. Air Force 10 years ago.
“I honestly thought I would never find it, it was just kind of high hopes and wishful thinking,” Samuels said. “Spur of the moment — at the time I just kind of felt like hopping on and taking a look. And little do you know. I didn’t even go to the second page. It was like the fourth one in.”
He popped the hood to verify it was his father’s car and was overcome with emotion when he saw his parents’ initials.
“He was diagnosed to live six months, and he lived like eight years with his cancer,” Samuels said.
His father died in 2014. Never did he think he would say hello to this car again, buying it to bring it back home.
“Kind of feel like he is there with me,” Samuels said.
For the man who loves to fix things, finding this car is in a sense, fixing him.
“Life’s not permanent,” he said. “Appreciate what you have while it is there. Enjoy the little things.”
KSL 5 TV Live
- How to see the Northern Lights, sighted recently in Utah skies (pageviews: 30730)
- Greatest snow on Earth: Utah's snowpack hits record high (pageviews: 16278)
- Two dead, one critically injured after crash in Magna (pageviews: 11076)
- Utah will likely set historic snow record Friday (pageviews: 9663)
- UPDATE: Interlodge lifted at Snowbird, Alta Ski Area; SR-210 reopens (pageviews: 9130)
- Police: Grantsville man shot himself upon police serving search warrant (pageviews: 7166)