Help Still Available For Property Damage Caused By Magna Earthquake
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Gov. Gary Herbert reminded Utah residents there is still federal money available for those who suffered property damage during March’s 5.7 magnitude earthquake near Magna.
There are several ways residents can contact the Federal Emergency Management Agency to see if they are eligible for federal money.
More than 2,000 aftershocks have been reported since the March 18 earthquake.
Residents reported more than 70 cases of damage in the days immediately after the earthquake. Most were for chimney damage.
According to FEMA, 24 applications for assistance have already been approved for a total of $93,951.37.
FEMA said Wednesday that due to the nationwide COVID-19 emergency, agents will be inspecting damage remotely.
“FEMA inspectors will contact applicants by phone to ask about the type and extent of damage sustained. Assistance will be based on the applicant’s responses during the remote inspection,” officials said.
Utah residents impacted by the March 18 quake or resulting aftershocks may apply for assistance or get information on the status of their FEMA applications at www.disasterassistance.gov. They can also call the FEMA Helpline at 800-621-3362 (FEMA) or (TTY) 800-462-7585.
See the latest earthquakes from across the state on the KSL TV Earthquake Tracker.
Today is the 3-month anniversary of the March 18 Magna quake. Here are some numbers as of yesterday.
— Utah Division of Emergency Management (Utah DEM) (@UtahEmergency) June 19, 2020
- Dental records prove remains found in Florida are those of Brian Laundrie, boyfriend to Gabby Petito (pageviews: 13583)
- Parents of 6-year-old girl killed on Colorado amusement park ride file wrongful death suit (pageviews: 6751)
- Warrant: Baldwin didn't know weapon contained live round (pageviews: 6531)
- Strong probability that suspected remains found in Florida park are Brian Laundrie's, family attorney says (pageviews: 5863)
- Recall: Red, white and yellow whole onions identified as source of salmonella outbreak (pageviews: 4632)
- Sheriff: Baldwin fired prop gun that killed cinematographer (pageviews: 4318)
- SLC IT employee arrested after allegedly providing undercover police data to human trafficker (pageviews: 3714)
- Sheriff: Baldwin fired shot on movie set that killed woman (pageviews: 3468)
- Utah teen girl arrested for planning mass casualty event at school (pageviews: 3382)