‘Rally The Valley’ Movie Nights Aim To Connect Utahns During Pandemic
SANDY, Utah – The mayor of Sandy hosted a socially distanced movie night in his backyard Wednesday night.
The event was part of Salt Lake County’s “Rally the Valley” Initiative, which aims to bring Utahns together while social distancing.
“So we can still be safe, but we can still enjoy each other’s company and we can get creative and find innovative ways to still have fun,” Mayor Kurt Bradburn said.
The city helped supply the big screen, and about 20 people were there, wearing masks to enjoy the show.
Family, friends and neighbors took the risk of getting rained on to come together to watch “Aladdin.”
Other events across the Salt Lake Valley include:
- Millcreek City: Drive-In Date Nights with Venture Out
Wednesday nights in August
- Taylorsville Movie Nights
July 18 — Live-Action “Aladdin”
Aug. 8 — Movie TBA
- Murray Movie Night
Friday, July 31 – “Finding Dory”
- Salt Lake City
Movies on the Plaza at The Gateway
- Gephardt: 'Brushing' Scams Sweeping Utah (pageviews: 14827)
- More Than 97K Children Test Positive For COVID-19 In 2 Weeks (pageviews: 13099)
- Plane Crash Survivors Share Their Miracle In The Sky (pageviews: 7069)
- First It Was Toilet Paper, Then Clorox Wipes. Now Dr. Pepper Is Scarce, Too (pageviews: 7025)
- CDC: Schools Should Have Plan For Angry Parents, Face Mask Bullying (pageviews: 5693)
- SLC Police Association Pushes Back On Mayor's Order (pageviews: 4154)
- Cache Valley Mourns Loss Of Elementary School Principal After Battle With COVID-19 (pageviews: 3151)
- Juvenile In Critical Condition After Shooting In Salt Lake City (pageviews: 2380)
- Teachers Get A Free Donut From Krispy Kreme This Week (pageviews: 2227)