Pedestrian Struck, Killed By RV On I-80
WENDOVER, Utah – Officials with the Utah Highway Patrol said one man was killed after he was struck by an RV on Interstate 80 in Tooele County.
State troopers said a Honda Civic was returning to Salt Lake City from West Wendover, Nevada, when two passengers, who had been drinking, needed to use a restroom.
The driver pulled over at milepost 37 around 1:21 a.m. Saturday and the two passengers exited the vehicle.
“While pulled over, one of the passengers began to walk towards traffic,” troopers said. “While in traffic, he was hit by a 2019 Fleetwood RV. The male was pronounced dead on the scene.”
Officials said they did not suspect alcohol was involved for the driver of the Civic or the RV.
- Why this mom’s abortion decision challenged her family’s religious beliefs (pageviews: 8360)
- At least 2 injured after semi hauling beehives tips on I-80 (pageviews: 8027)
- 48 migrants die after trailer abandoned in Texas heat (pageviews: 6371)
- Family members remember, honor two USU plane crash victims (pageviews: 6297)
- UPDATE: Ogden teen found by family (pageviews: 4692)