Pilot Sustains Non Life-Threatening Injuries After Plane Crashes On SR-65
MORGAN, Utah — The pilot of a small plane was transported to the hospital with non life-threatening injuries after he had to perform an emergency crash landing on SR-65 in Morgan County.
Crews were dispatched to a plane crash near 6455 South and Highway 65 at 11:05 a.m. Sunday, according to Morgan County Fire & EMS Chief Boyd Carrigan.
One engine, two brush trucks, and an ambulance were dispatched to the scene. An airmed helicopter was dispatched after a bystander reported the pilot had a severe head injury, but it was later cancelled after deputies determined it wasn’t necessary.
The pilot was transported by ground to University of Utah Medical with non life-threatening injuries, including a head laceration.
The pilot said he circled East Canyon Reservoir several times and attempted an emergency crash landing on SR-65 after his plane lost power.
The right wing of the plane reportedly hit the highway and sent him crashing into the bank on the side of the road.
Officials said there was also a fuel leak, but EMS quickly handled the situation, preventing the start of a fire.
The Utah Highway Patrol arranged a tow truck to pull the plane’s remains away.
Carriagn said was traffic was impacted until about 4:00 p.m., but it was sparse enough that people were still able to get through.
The pilot’s identity has not been released.
The Federal Aviation Administration has been notified and is investigating the incident.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9267)
- Farmington man recovering after falling 40 feet off a highway overpass (pageviews: 8058)
- Woman killed, boyfriend arrested after SLC apartment complex shooting (pageviews: 6022)
- 2 killed in separate Utah Co. crashes; 1 injured after hitting school bus in Clearfield (pageviews: 5683)
- Trail runner hurt by cougar in Millcreek Canyon; DWR locates, euthanizes animal (pageviews: 3183)
- One person dead after shooting at Salt Lake City apartment complex (pageviews: 2423)