Suspect In Custody After High-Speed Chase Through Multiple Cities
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah – A suspect is in custody Tuesday morning following a vehicle pursuit through multiple cities that ended in a foot chase.
The incident began at approximately 1:40 a.m. in West Valley City and end ended nearly an hour later near Fashion Place Mall in Murray.
Police identified a stolen car and attempted to pull it over, but the vehicle fled down I-215, authorities said. Officers chased the suspect, who drove at speeds reaching up to 100 miles per hour.
Investigators said the suspect left the vehicle in the parking lot of a Sam’s Club located at 6500 South and State Street in Murray before fleeing on foot through an apartment complex.
Officers and a K-9 unit were able to track the suspect down near I-215. The suspect is facing charges for possession of a stolen vehicle and fleeing. The person also had other felony warrants.
The suspect’s identity has not yet been released.
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 14388)
- Teens build intricate 'Gingerbread Cathedral,' get out of writing essay (pageviews: 5568)
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday (pageviews: 5477)
- Locations of 6 international temples released (pageviews: 5250)
- SB I-15 closed in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 4962)
- Utah's Festival of Trees returns to an in-person event (pageviews: 3162)