Three In Custody After ‘Drunken Shootout’ In Rose Canyon
HERRIMAN, Utah – Officials with the Unified Police Department said three men were taken into custody after a drunken shootout in the area of Hi-County Estates in Rose Canyon.
Police responded to the unincorporated area in Herriman Wednesday after one of the men reportedly fired shots at his neighbors.
Neighbors were told to shelter in place after someone called 911, saying the men fired multiple rounds at a neighbor’s house.
“They made the decision to go outside and on three different occasions shoot into the house where the next-door neighbor lives,” said UPD Detective Ken Hansen.
Police said SWAT teams used flashbang grenades to grab the men’s attention, and one man quickly surrendered. However, police said the other two appeared to be drunk and uncooperative.
Officials said tactical teams were able to get all three men out after a few hours, and they were taken into custody.
Alex Brodersen, 29, of Denver, Colorado, was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail on charges of brandishing and felony discharge of a firearm.
No official neighborhood lockdown was needed, but residents said they were shaken by the hazardous actions.
- Details emerge in killings of 2 elderly Clearfield residents (pageviews: 21340)
- EXCLUSIVE: Man takes woman hostage on flight to SLC, Good Samaritan steps in (pageviews: 8551)
- Man arrested in Mexico for murder of Utah radio host (pageviews: 7157)
- Charges in crash that killed 3 should not have been dismissed, Utah appeals court says (pageviews: 6307)
- Here is a list of stores open on Thanksgiving day for that last-minute ingredient - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5572)
- Church opening six new missions in 2023 (pageviews: 3940)