Hollow Fire Burns Near Sanpete Co. Homes; Upper Provo Fire Grows To 378 Acres
INDIANOLA, Utah – Air and ground resources responded to the Hollow Fire, which threatened dozens of structures near Indianola in Sanpete County.
No cause has been given for the fire, which was estimated at 600 acres and 7% containment Friday.
State fire officials said roughly 40 structures were threatened by the fire at one point, and officials with the Sanpete County Sheriff’s Office said localized evacuations were in place. No structures had been lost as of 11 p.m. Friday.
Indianola is about 20 miles southeast of Spanish Fork.
— Utah Fire Info (@UtahWildfire) July 31, 2020
Upper Provo Fire
Firefighters have also responded to a fire in the Murdock Basin area of Summit County. The Upper Provo Fire was estimated at 378 acres and crews asked campers and hikers to leave the area as a precautionary measure.
No cause has been given for that fire.
#uwcnf #UpperProvofire now est at 378 acres, cause under investigation, mile marker 22 eastside Mirror Lake highway in Murdock Basin area. All hikers and campers have left the dispersed camping areas off Murdock Basin road (FS road #137) and Broadhead Meadows road (FS road #416) pic.twitter.com/5273bpExF4
— Utah Fire Info (@UtahWildfire) August 1, 2020
- Pizza Delivery Driver Gets Surprise Tip, Becomes 'TikTok Famous' (pageviews: 11601)
- What Does It Mean To Move From Yellow Risk To Orange Risk? (pageviews: 4034)
- Utah Mother Fighting Cancer, New COVID-19 Diagnosis (pageviews: 2905)
- Cache Valley Teen Lucky To Find Cell Signal After Rattlesnake Bite (pageviews: 2515)
- Authorities Investigating After Woman Struck By Multiple Vehicles On I-215 (pageviews: 2261)
- Deadly Officer-Involved Shooting In Roy Ruled Justified (pageviews: 2152)
- Herbert Reports 1,198 New COVID-19 Cases - Highest Number So Far (pageviews: 2150)
- Utah Reports 1,198 New COVID-19 Cases, No New Deaths (pageviews: 2097)
- Man Killed, Woman Hospitalized In Downtown Crash (pageviews: 1993)