Hollow Fire Burns Near Sanpete Co. Homes; Upper Provo Fire Grows To 378 Acres
INDIANOLA, Utah – Air and ground resources responded to the Hollow Fire, which threatened dozens of structures near Indianola in Sanpete County.
No cause has been given for the fire, which was estimated at 600 acres and 7% containment Friday.
State fire officials said roughly 40 structures were threatened by the fire at one point, and officials with the Sanpete County Sheriff’s Office said localized evacuations were in place. No structures had been lost as of 11 p.m. Friday.
Indianola is about 20 miles southeast of Spanish Fork.
— Utah Fire Info (@UtahWildfire) July 31, 2020
Upper Provo Fire
Firefighters have also responded to a fire in the Murdock Basin area of Summit County. The Upper Provo Fire was estimated at 378 acres and crews asked campers and hikers to leave the area as a precautionary measure.
No cause has been given for that fire.
#uwcnf #UpperProvofire now est at 378 acres, cause under investigation, mile marker 22 eastside Mirror Lake highway in Murdock Basin area. All hikers and campers have left the dispersed camping areas off Murdock Basin road (FS road #137) and Broadhead Meadows road (FS road #416) pic.twitter.com/5273bpExF4
— Utah Fire Info (@UtahWildfire) August 1, 2020
- Eight Arrested After Rally In Cottonwood Heights Turns Violent (pageviews: 23288)
- Police: Shots Fired Into Security Booth Outside Provo Missionary Training Center (pageviews: 6401)
- Videos Capture Beirut Explosion That Shattered Windows Across Lebanese Capital (pageviews: 4992)
- The FDA's List Of Dangerous Hand Sanitizers Has Now Grown To More Than 100 (pageviews: 3404)
- Suspect Killed; West Jordan Officer Shot In Shoulder (pageviews: 2765)
- Trump Giving $35 Million To Aid Human Trafficking Survivors (pageviews: 2514)
- Doctor Debunks Myths About Wearing Face Masks (pageviews: 2456)
- Police: Shots Fired Overnight Outside Missionary Training Center In Provo (pageviews: 2358)
- Massive Beirut Blast Kills More Than 70, Injures Thousands (pageviews: 2143)