I-15 To Close In Layton Friday Night; Delays Possible In Sandy, Lehi
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Utah Department of Transportation will completely close Interstate 15 in Layton Friday night as crews pour concrete as part of the project to rebuild the Gentile Street bridge.
I-15 is scheduled to close in both directions in Layton as early as 10 p.m. on Friday, according to a UDOT news release.
The freeway will be closed between Antelope Drive and Layton Parkway, and all traffic will be detoured to Main Street and back onto I-15.
Closure Tonight‼️: I-15 in Layton will close tonight in both directions between Layton Pkwy. and Antelope Dr. from 10 p.m. to 8 a.m. for concrete work on the Gentile St. bridge deck. Drivers should expect delays and follow detour routes. More info at https://t.co/BvYhhtCuzD. pic.twitter.com/6IeJSK4qrW
— UDOT Region One (@UDOTRegionOne) July 31, 2020
Drivers should follow detour signs and plan for some delays.
The Gentile Street bridge over I-15 will remain closed until the project is finished in early September.
The bridge work is part of the I-15 Express Lanes project, which is widening I-15 and extending the Express Lanes from Layton to Riverdale.
American Fork/Lehi Closures
Another I-15 construction project will affect weekend traffic in northern Utah County.
Northbound I-15 will be reduced to three lanes between Main Street in American Fork and 600 East in Lehi beginning Saturday at 10:30 p.m. through Monday at 5:30 a.m., the release said.
Crews are also pouring concrete as they build a bridge over Lehi’s Main Street. This is part of the I-15 Technology Corridor Project.
— I-15 Technology Corridor (@i15techcorridor) July 30, 2020
That project includes work on 17 new or reconstructed bridges to widen the freeway to six lanes in both directions from Lehi’s Main Street to S.R. 92.
In Sandy, 9000 South will close in both directions between Monroe Street and I-15 Starting Saturday at 8 p.m. through Monday at 5 a.m.
This section of 9000 South will also be closed next Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights from 9:30 p.m. to 5 a.m.
These closures will allow crews to place beams for a new bridge over 9000 South as part of a future ramp system designed to improve safety and traffic flow on northbound I-15 from 9400 South to I-215, the release said.
- Eight Arrested After Rally In Cottonwood Heights Turns Violent (pageviews: 23288)
- Police: Shots Fired Into Security Booth Outside Provo Missionary Training Center (pageviews: 6401)
- Videos Capture Beirut Explosion That Shattered Windows Across Lebanese Capital (pageviews: 4992)
- The FDA's List Of Dangerous Hand Sanitizers Has Now Grown To More Than 100 (pageviews: 3404)
- Suspect Killed; West Jordan Officer Shot In Shoulder (pageviews: 2765)
- Trump Giving $35 Million To Aid Human Trafficking Survivors (pageviews: 2514)
- Doctor Debunks Myths About Wearing Face Masks (pageviews: 2456)
- Police: Shots Fired Overnight Outside Missionary Training Center In Provo (pageviews: 2358)
- Massive Beirut Blast Kills More Than 70, Injures Thousands (pageviews: 2143)