Utah State University Sued Over Student Expulsion
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (AP) — A lawsuit filed in federal court accuses Utah State University of unlawfully discriminating against and expelling a student with Down syndrome.
The Deseret News reports Emily Arthur was in the Aggies Elevated program which offers students a mix of career exploration and independent living leading to a certificate.
The lawsuit filed in Utah’s U.S. District Court seeks unspecified damages and injunctive relief. The lawsuit says as a result of the university’s “intentional discrimination,” Arthur was “degraded, dehumanized and humiliated.”
A university spokesperson said Utah State University typically doesn’t comment on current litigation, but said the lawsuit is troubling in its misrepresentation of facts and how it portrays the Aggies Elevated program.
- Mysterious Southern Utah Monolith Mysteriously Disappears – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 47318)
- Mysterious Southern Utah Monolith Mysteriously Disappears (pageviews: 19664)
- Mysterious Southern Utah Monolith Mysteriously Disappears – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 17661)
- KSL Investigates: Are COVID-19 Deaths In Utah Inflated? (pageviews: 8383)
- DPS Crew Discovers Mysterious Monolith From Air In Remote Utah Wilderness (pageviews: 6346)
- Man Arrested For Refusing To Wear Face Mask On Flight Leaving SLC (pageviews: 5794)
- Man Arrested For Refusing To Wear Face Mask On Flight Leaving SLC – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4942)
- Two Arrested In Connection With Death Of Santaquin Man (pageviews: 2481)
- Catch A Lunar Eclipse During Full Beaver Moon This Weekend – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2259)