First Gold Star Families Memorial Monument Dedicated In North Ogden
OGDEN, Utah — A first of its kind monument in Utah is honoring families for those who gave the ultimate sacrifice.
The Gold Star Family memorial monument was dedicated in North Ogden Saturday morning.
State leaders were there for the ceremony.
“I have had the opportunity to visit every community in our state, and I don’t think there is any community more patriotic than North Ogden,” said North Ogden City Mayor Neal Berube.
The monument was created to salute the families that endure the most pain from losing loved ones while serving our country.
North Ogden City Council, Follow the Flag, and the Hershel “Woody” Williams Medal of Honor Foundation are to credit for the project.
“Our organization and its members are extremely grateful for all those who have donated the time, labor and funding to make this beautiful monument a reality as we seek to honor all those who have lost a loved one in our service,” read a statement from Follow the Flag.
The memorial is located at 505 East and 2600 North in Ogden.
- Utah police ask for help locating suspect in Amazon robbery (pageviews: 3523)
- Real Housewives of SLC Jennie Nguyen no longer cast member after 'offensive' social media posts (pageviews: 3509)
- Body found in Jordan River, police investigating (pageviews: 3503)
- 3x Region Champs, North Sanpete drill coaches go viral in video (pageviews: 3387)
- Wednesday's Child: Creative 13-year-old Kaydee hopes to find forever family (pageviews: 2864)
- Sewage provides alternative insight into COVID-19 surge direction (pageviews: 2841)