Two Killed In Small Plane Crash Near Cedar City
CEDAR CITY, Utah – Two people were killed in a single-engine plane crash in the area of Hamilton’s Fort in Iron County, authorities said.
The incident happened around 8:45 a.m. Sunday, according to the Federal Aviation Administration. The plane was flying from Strawberry Valley Estates Airport in Alton to the Cedar City Regional Airport.
It appears the aircraft struck a communications tower near 6500 West 4000 South before hitting the ground nose-first.
Cedar City Fire Department, Gold Cross Ambulance, Utah Highway Patrol and Iron County Sheriff’s Office responded to the scene.
Two adult males, a 52-year-old and 63-year-old, were pronounced dead at the scene. Their identities have not been released.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
There have been more than a dozen small-aircraft crashes in Utah so far this year.
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 16557)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 16009)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 13809)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 9044)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 7278)
- Missing Massachusetts girl found in Utah; man arrested for alleged human trafficking - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3003)