Suspect Killed; West Jordan Officer Shot In Shoulder
WEST JORDAN, Utah – A police officer has been injured and a suspect was killed after an officer involved critical incident in West Jordan.
The incident happened near 7500 South and 2700 West around 8 p.m. Sunday.
Officials with the West Jordan Police Department said they got a call from someone who was following what they believed to be the stolen vehicle belonging to a family member.
Officers responded to the area, located and stopped the vehicle. They said there were multiple people inside.
A police department spokesperson said the officers asked the driver and passengers to exit the vehicle.
At least one complied, and officials said multiple gunshots were exchanged between the suspect and officers.
An officer was injured after being struck by a bullet above his ballistic vest in the shoulder. Officials said one or possibly two officers returned fire and struck the suspect.
A neighbor told KSL TV they heard up to 15 gunshots.
The unidentified suspect died of their injuries.
The officer was taken to an area hospital for treatment. Officials said he was in good spirits and good condition. He was expected to make a full recovery.
Investigators were working to determine exactly what circumstances led to the incident.
- Young Mother Killed In Head-On Crash In Kane County (pageviews: 9027)
- Pizza Delivery Driver Gets Surprise Tip, Becomes 'TikTok Famous' (pageviews: 7956)
- Herriman, Riverton Residents Help Give Back To Artist Alex Boyé (pageviews: 6649)
- Joe Montana, Wife Block Attempted Kidnapping Of Grandchild (pageviews: 4379)
- 2 Die In Single-Vehicle Crash In Tooele County (pageviews: 3507)
- Police Seek Public's Help Locating Missing Endangered Boy Out Of Millcreek (pageviews: 3031)
- Cache Valley Teen Lucky To Find Cell Signal After Rattlesnake Bite (pageviews: 2690)
- Utah Reports 1,068 New COVID-19 Cases, 5 New Deaths (pageviews: 1257)
- Structures Threatened By Fire Located South Of Veyo (pageviews: 1062)