Canyons School District Votes To Delay First Day Of School
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Several school boards met again last night, and some of them voted on some big decisions.
The Canyons School District moved its first day of school from Aug. 17 to Aug. 24.
The Canyons Board of Education voted to change the date so teachers and other staff will have extra time to prepare.
Other districts, including Salt Lake City, have already made similar moves.
Inside schools in the Canyons district, changes have been made to promote physical distancing.
Administrators said floor markers have been placed and will limit intermingling as well as direct the flow of foot traffic.
Other safeguards include having students sit more spaced out.
- Young Mother Killed In Head-On Crash In Kane County (pageviews: 9027)
- Pizza Delivery Driver Gets Surprise Tip, Becomes 'TikTok Famous' (pageviews: 7956)
- Herriman, Riverton Residents Help Give Back To Artist Alex Boyé (pageviews: 6649)
- Joe Montana, Wife Block Attempted Kidnapping Of Grandchild (pageviews: 4379)
- 2 Die In Single-Vehicle Crash In Tooele County (pageviews: 3507)
- Police Seek Public's Help Locating Missing Endangered Boy Out Of Millcreek (pageviews: 3031)
- Cache Valley Teen Lucky To Find Cell Signal After Rattlesnake Bite (pageviews: 2690)
- Utah Reports 1,068 New COVID-19 Cases, 5 New Deaths (pageviews: 1257)
- Structures Threatened By Fire Located South Of Veyo (pageviews: 1062)