Man In Critical Condition Following Officer-Involved Shooting In Holladay
HOLLADAY, Utah — A man is in critical condition following an officer-involved shooting in Salt Lake County.
Officials said they were dispatched to a suicidal subject who was reported to be armed around 12:15 p.m. Saturday.
Officers from the Unified Police Department Millcreek and Holladay precincts responded to the scene.
The suspect, a 39-year-old male, was located at a parking structure near 3210 East and 6200 South in Holladay around 12:40 p.m. Officers said the man was armed with a handgun.
They negotiated with the man for approximately 30 minutes before an officer-involved shooting occurred.
The suspect, whose identity has not been released, was transported to a local hospital in critical condition.
No officers were injured during the incident.
Officials said several officers at the scene were equipped with body cameras that were active at the time of the shooting.
The Salt Lake County officer-involved critical incident protocol has been invoked and an investigation is underway.
- 4 Missionaries Stranded On Remote Pacific Island (pageviews: 11050)
- Corner Canyon Teacher In ICU With COVID-19 (pageviews: 9619)
- Corner Canyon Teacher In ICU With COVID-19; 500 Students Quarantined (pageviews: 8891)
- Utah Breaks Single-Day Record With 1,117 New COVID-19 Cases (pageviews: 7275)
- Police: Suspect Killed After Shooting At Officers During Pursuit (pageviews: 3169)
- Utah Breaks Previous Record With 911 New COVID-19 Cases In One Day (pageviews: 2342)
- Friends Remember Woman Found Dead In Layton (pageviews: 2241)
- Family Of Ogden Hiker Missing Since Sept. 8 Asking For Public's Help (pageviews: 2005)
- Meet Our Team (pageviews: 1819)