Woman Crashes SUV Through Fence, Into Magna Home’s Yard
MAGNA, Utah – Crews responded to the scene of a crash in Magna after a vehicle drove into a resident’s back yard.
The incident happened at approximately 4:30 a.m. in the area of 7700 West and 3500 South.
Unified Police Det. Chuck Malm said a car driving eastbound ran over two crossing guard signs before finally driving through the fence and into the yard.
The driver is a 53-year-old woman, police said. They believe she was driving relatively fast based on the damage done to the fence. However, she stopped just before crashing into the house itself.
No serious injuries were reported, but police said the driver was transported to the hospital as a precaution.
Malm said investigators are looking at the possibility the driver was impaired.
The occupants of the home were uninjured. Engineers are checking the structure to make sure it’s sound.
Police say the driver of the suv was taken to hospital for evaluation. Nobody in the home injured.
Some additional photos… pic.twitter.com/gX22V2SsgE
— Derek Petersen (@Derek_Photog) August 10, 2020
- Details emerge in killings of 2 elderly Clearfield residents (pageviews: 21340)
- EXCLUSIVE: Man takes woman hostage on flight to SLC, Good Samaritan steps in (pageviews: 8551)
- Man arrested in Mexico for murder of Utah radio host (pageviews: 7157)
- Charges in crash that killed 3 should not have been dismissed, Utah appeals court says (pageviews: 6307)
- Here is a list of stores open on Thanksgiving day for that last-minute ingredient - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5572)
- Church opening six new missions in 2023 (pageviews: 3940)