Church Announces 10 Utah Temples Entering Phase 2 Of Reopening
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – More temples will be moving into the next phase of the reopening plan from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
On Aug. 17, temples in Bountiful, Brigham City, Cedar City, Logan, Mount Timpanogos, Ogden, Payson, Provo, and Vernal will move into Phase 2, which includes performing temple ordinances for living people and endowments of in-field missionaries.
The patron housing, clothing and cafeteria operations will remain closed in Phase 2.
The Draper, Jordan River, Manti, Monticello and Oquirrh Mountain temples will remain in Phase 1, which allows for “living sealings only for previously endowed members under strict guidelines and safety precautions,” according to the Church.
The St. George and Salt Lake temples are both closed for renovations.
Click here for a full list of Latter-day Saint temples and their phase statuses.
- Young Mother Killed In Head-On Crash In Kane County (pageviews: 9027)
- Pizza Delivery Driver Gets Surprise Tip, Becomes 'TikTok Famous' (pageviews: 7956)
- Herriman, Riverton Residents Help Give Back To Artist Alex Boyé (pageviews: 6649)
- Joe Montana, Wife Block Attempted Kidnapping Of Grandchild (pageviews: 4379)
- 2 Die In Single-Vehicle Crash In Tooele County (pageviews: 3507)
- Police Seek Public's Help Locating Missing Endangered Boy Out Of Millcreek (pageviews: 3031)
- Cache Valley Teen Lucky To Find Cell Signal After Rattlesnake Bite (pageviews: 2690)
- Utah Reports 1,068 New COVID-19 Cases, 5 New Deaths (pageviews: 1257)
- Structures Threatened By Fire Located South Of Veyo (pageviews: 1062)