Church Announces 10 Utah Temples Entering Phase 2 Of Reopening
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – More temples will be moving into the next phase of the reopening plan from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
On Aug. 17, temples in Bountiful, Brigham City, Cedar City, Logan, Mount Timpanogos, Ogden, Payson, Provo, and Vernal will move into Phase 2, which includes performing temple ordinances for living people and endowments of in-field missionaries.
The patron housing, clothing and cafeteria operations will remain closed in Phase 2.
The Draper, Jordan River, Manti, Monticello and Oquirrh Mountain temples will remain in Phase 1, which allows for “living sealings only for previously endowed members under strict guidelines and safety precautions,” according to the Church.
The St. George and Salt Lake temples are both closed for renovations.
Click here for a full list of Latter-day Saint temples and their phase statuses.
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5415)
- Locations of 6 international temples released (pageviews: 4509)
- Teens build intricate 'Gingerbread Cathedral,' get out of writing essay (pageviews: 3865)
- Police confirm no shooting has occurred at Granger Elementary School; school evacuated (pageviews: 2338)
- Details emerge in killings of 2 elderly Clearfield residents (pageviews: 2300)
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday (pageviews: 2293)