12-Year-Old Girl Killed In Utah County ATV Crash
GOSHEN, Utah – A 12-year-old girl was killed after an ATV crashed in southern Utah County, according to officials with the Utah County Sheriff’s Office.
Police said deputies were dispatched to the residential area south of U.S. Highway 6 Monday night.
“When they arrived they found that bystanders were administering CPR to a 12-year-old girl,” deputies said.
UCSO Sgt. Spencer Cannon said the victim was riding with two friends at the time of the crash.
“The 13-year-old driver told deputies as she was driving, the four-wheeler suddenly jerked to the side, causing her friend to fall off,” officials said.
A 12 year old Goshen girl sustained serious injuries after she fell from a four-wheeler being driven by her 13 year old friend. She was flown by @UofUAirMed to Utah Valley Hospital. Her injuries were too severe and she died about 11:30 PM. https://t.co/e0uhpXLmkW pic.twitter.com/RJetUCbJ0a
— Spencer Cannon (@SGTCannonPIO) August 11, 2020
Witnesses said the 12-year-old, who had a helmet with her but was not wearing it, was not breathing and began administering CPR.
Deputies assisted until Santaquin paramedics arrived. The victim was airlifted to Utah Valley Hospital, where she was later pronounced dead.
Police identified the victim as Marley Tarango, of Goshen. The 13-year-old driver of the ATV was not wearing a helmet and was not injured. A 10-year-old passenger was wearing a helmet and was not injured in the crash.
- Corner Canyon Teacher In ICU With COVID-19 (pageviews: 10928)
- Corner Canyon Teacher In ICU With COVID-19; 500 Students Quarantined (pageviews: 8891)
- Governor Herbert Renews Utah State Of Emergency (pageviews: 8476)
- Utah Breaks Single-Day Record With 1,117 New COVID-19 Cases (pageviews: 7831)
- Police: Suspect Killed After Shooting At Officers During Pursuit (pageviews: 4495)
- Utah Reports Over 1,000 New COVID-19 Cases For Second Day (pageviews: 2897)
- 4 Missionaries Stranded On Remote Pacific Island (pageviews: 2777)
- Corner Canyon High School Moving Online After Increasing COVID Cases (pageviews: 2521)
- Family Seeks Answers In Woman's Death Near Saltair (pageviews: 2405)