UHP Focusing On Speed Enforcement In Davis County Construction Zone
CLEARFIELD, Utah – The Utah Highway Patrol has reported increased speeding and reckless driving through a construction zone in Davis County.
It’s the same area where three construction workers were injured after an impaired driver came barreling through the construction zone.
UHP is focusing on speed enforcement in the area, and troopers are reminding the public of the repercussions for not following road rules – especially in construction zones. Authorities said the changing layouts of projects is one reason to drive the posted speed limit and be extra aware.
“We have had people plow into the lane splits and barrels there, weave in and out of traffic,” said John Gleason, spokesperson for the Utah Department of Transportation. “At the heart of this it is not just about the safety of our workers. We want drivers to get home safely as well. It is about the safety of everyone on a project like this.”
Troopers are mainly issuing warnings Wednesday, but they will give citations if the situation calls for it.
In Utah, fines for speeding are higher – and can sometimes be doubled – in construction zones.
- Corner Canyon Teacher In ICU With COVID-19 (pageviews: 10928)
- Corner Canyon Teacher In ICU With COVID-19; 500 Students Quarantined (pageviews: 8891)
- Governor Herbert Renews Utah State Of Emergency (pageviews: 8476)
- Utah Breaks Single-Day Record With 1,117 New COVID-19 Cases (pageviews: 7831)
- Police: Suspect Killed After Shooting At Officers During Pursuit (pageviews: 4495)
- Utah Reports Over 1,000 New COVID-19 Cases For Second Day (pageviews: 2897)
- 4 Missionaries Stranded On Remote Pacific Island (pageviews: 2777)
- Corner Canyon High School Moving Online After Increasing COVID Cases (pageviews: 2521)
- Family Seeks Answers In Woman's Death Near Saltair (pageviews: 2405)