UHP Focusing On Speed Enforcement In Davis County Construction Zone
CLEARFIELD, Utah – The Utah Highway Patrol has reported increased speeding and reckless driving through a construction zone in Davis County.
It’s the same area where three construction workers were injured after an impaired driver came barreling through the construction zone.
UHP is focusing on speed enforcement in the area, and troopers are reminding the public of the repercussions for not following road rules – especially in construction zones. Authorities said the changing layouts of projects is one reason to drive the posted speed limit and be extra aware.
“We have had people plow into the lane splits and barrels there, weave in and out of traffic,” said John Gleason, spokesperson for the Utah Department of Transportation. “At the heart of this it is not just about the safety of our workers. We want drivers to get home safely as well. It is about the safety of everyone on a project like this.”
Troopers are mainly issuing warnings Wednesday, but they will give citations if the situation calls for it.
In Utah, fines for speeding are higher – and can sometimes be doubled – in construction zones.
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 11575)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9563)
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting (pageviews: 5197)
- Attempted kidnapping near Utah junior high has school, police warning parents (pageviews: 3641)
- Live (pageviews: 2740)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County (pageviews: 2074)