SLC Police Respond To Homicide Near Harrison Avenue
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Officers with the Salt Lake City Police Department said they responded to a homicide near Harrison Avenue and Major Street on Wednesday.
Police confirmed the incident Wednesday evening, saying a middle-aged man was found dead at the scene with an apparent gunshot wound.
“Right now we’re collecting evidence, looking for cameras in the area, talking to witness to find out what took place,” said Detective Greg Wilking with the Salt Lake City Police Department. “We don’t believe there is a danger to the public at this point; we think it was an isolated incident between the suspect and the deceased gentleman.”
Wilking said investigators were working to determine if the incident was a disagreement between the two parties or if it was a potential robbery gone bad.
“We’re still looking into that and trying to figure that part out,” he said.
Wilking added officers are frequently in the area, which is part of the Ballpark neighborhood of the city.
“Our officers are frequently in the area — this is a place that’s known to our officers as a high drug traffic and prostitution area, and so our officers are in the area quite often,” he said.
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 13441)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 7554)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 5852)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 4852)
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 4484)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 3699)