Authorities Identify Woman Found Deceased In Submerged Car Near Logan
LOGAN, Utah – A woman was discovered deceased inside a car that was submerged in a pond on Wednesday.
The incident happened in the area of 1800 South and 2500 West just outside of Logan.
At approximately 8 p.m., the Cache County Sheriff’s Department responded to a call after an individual noticed the underside of a vehicle protruding from the water. The man summoned help and used a backhoe to pull the car from the water, according to a CCSO statement.
A photo taken at the scene shows the backhoe removing the overturned vehicle from the pond.
The single occupant has been identified as Haley Bury, 18, of Wellsville.
Earlier reports erroneously reported the deceased individual as a man.
“While this appears to be an accident, there is still an active investigation being conducted by the combined efforts of the Cache County Sheriff’s Office and the Utah Highway Patrol,” according to the CCSO statement.
- Young Mother Killed In Head-On Crash In Kane County (pageviews: 9027)
- Pizza Delivery Driver Gets Surprise Tip, Becomes 'TikTok Famous' (pageviews: 7956)
- Herriman, Riverton Residents Help Give Back To Artist Alex Boyé (pageviews: 6649)
- Joe Montana, Wife Block Attempted Kidnapping Of Grandchild (pageviews: 4379)
- 2 Die In Single-Vehicle Crash In Tooele County (pageviews: 3507)
- Police Seek Public's Help Locating Missing Endangered Boy Out Of Millcreek (pageviews: 3031)
- Cache Valley Teen Lucky To Find Cell Signal After Rattlesnake Bite (pageviews: 2690)
- Utah Reports 1,068 New COVID-19 Cases, 5 New Deaths (pageviews: 1257)
- Structures Threatened By Fire Located South Of Veyo (pageviews: 1062)