It’s Been 25 Years Since 6-Year-Old Rosie Tapia Was Kidnapped And Murdered
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Thursday marked 25 years since 6-year-old Rosie Tapia was kidnapped and murdered – and her killer has never been found.
The girl was taken from her Salt Lake City apartment in 1995. She was raped and murdered and left near the Jordan Canal.
“It just hurts me so bad,” said Lewine Tapia, Rosie’s mother. “I just want to find the person who took her and make them pay for what they did to her.”
Utah’s Cold Case Coalition has been working to find her killer since 2017.
On the anniversary of Rosie’s death, a new program was launched in her honor.
The Rosie Tapia Identification Project will offer no-cost DNA and genetic testing to put names to unidentified bodies in the Intermountain region.
- 4 Missionaries Stranded On Remote Pacific Island (pageviews: 11050)
- Corner Canyon Teacher In ICU With COVID-19 (pageviews: 9619)
- Corner Canyon Teacher In ICU With COVID-19; 500 Students Quarantined (pageviews: 8891)
- Utah Breaks Single-Day Record With 1,117 New COVID-19 Cases (pageviews: 7275)
- Police: Suspect Killed After Shooting At Officers During Pursuit (pageviews: 3169)
- Utah Breaks Previous Record With 911 New COVID-19 Cases In One Day (pageviews: 2342)
- Friends Remember Woman Found Dead In Layton (pageviews: 2241)
- Family Of Ogden Hiker Missing Since Sept. 8 Asking For Public's Help (pageviews: 2005)
- Meet Our Team (pageviews: 1819)