It’s Been 25 Years Since 6-Year-Old Rosie Tapia Was Kidnapped And Murdered
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Thursday marked 25 years since 6-year-old Rosie Tapia was kidnapped and murdered – and her killer has never been found.
The girl was taken from her Salt Lake City apartment in 1995. She was raped and murdered and left near the Jordan Canal.
“It just hurts me so bad,” said Lewine Tapia, Rosie’s mother. “I just want to find the person who took her and make them pay for what they did to her.”
Utah’s Cold Case Coalition has been working to find her killer since 2017.
On the anniversary of Rosie’s death, a new program was launched in her honor.
The Rosie Tapia Identification Project will offer no-cost DNA and genetic testing to put names to unidentified bodies in the Intermountain region.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7254)
- Coach, kicker & official reflect on Cottonwood High's rare, game-winning play (pageviews: 4854)
- One dead, one in critical condition after I-15 crash in Ogden (pageviews: 4398)
- Tooele man arrested, accused of biting off part of teen's ear (pageviews: 3016)
- One dead, one in critical condition after being hit while changing tires in Ogden (pageviews: 2865)