Man Injured While Saving Dogs From Burning Truck
Aug 14, 2020, 6:33 AM
MAGNA, Utah – A man was injured while saving his three dogs from a truck fire in Magna on Thursday.
The fire happened in the area of 3800 South and Valley Forge Road.
Authorities are unsure what sparked the fire, but the truck was driving through a field at the time. Flames from the truck spread, and firefighters had a difficult getting the blaze extinguished due to amount of gas in the truck’s tank.
Officials said the truck driver was smart to stop in an area with less vegetation when he noticed the fire. Because of that, the fire didn’t get out of control.
The three dogs ran off as crews responded to the fire. Anyone who sees three unaccompanied dogs in the area is asked to contact Unified Police or Unified Fire.