Crews Respond To Battle Creek Fire In Utah County
PLEASANT GROVE, Utah – Two new wildfire starts were reported Sunday – one in Washington County and another in Utah County.
In Utah County, the Battle Creek Fire is currently burning east of Pleasant Grove. The U.S. Forest Service reports it is estimated to be between 20 – 30 acres and is burning grass brush.
The blaze grew to approximately 50 acres around 4:30 p.m.
There are currently three engines, smoke jumpers, air tankers and a helicopter responding to the incident. Officials said another helicopter has been ordered.
According to Pleasant Grove Fire Department, Kiwanis Park is closed as fire crews respond to the incident.
Fire personnel have asked the public to stay off the Battle Creek trail 050, Dry Canyon 051, Timpooneke Rd 056, Timpooneke CrissFlat 151 and 049 connector trails. They have also been advised to keep a safe distance from operations and to not fly any drones or personal aircraft near the incident.
Officials confirmed additional crews were called in Sunday afternoon.
No structures are being threatened and the cause is under investigation.
— Pleasant Grove City Fire Department (@PG_FireDept) August 16, 2020
The cause is unknown at this time. Fire officials are asking the public not to report the fire as resources are either on scene or en route already.
In southern Utah, the Central Fire began Sunday morning after a transformer exploded, according to a report from St. George News.
The fire is located in the area of mile post 27 on state Route 18. The fire has burned approximately 9 acres and is 70% contained, fire officials said.
- High winds, heavy snow warning for ‘hazardous conditions’ Friday morning - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 17145)
- SB I-15 reopens in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 9231)
- SB I-15 closed in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 6159)
- High winds, heavy snow warning for 'hazardous conditions' Friday morning (pageviews: 5239)
- Witness recounts 'miraculous' Moab rescue after BASE jumper crashes into cliff (pageviews: 4464)
- SB I-15 reopens in Layton following police chase, shooting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4141)