Two Sister Missionaries Repeatedly Stabbed In Houston Home Invasion
HOUSTON, Texas — Two sister missionaries for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints were stabbed repeatedly while they were sleeping inside their Houston apartment.
Local authorities confirmed the incident happened inside a first-floor apartment at the Willowbrook Apartments around 4:15 a.m. Sunday.
Harris County Deputies said a man broke into the apartment and repeatedly stabbed two women as they slept, then took off without taking anything.
“The young women (ages 19 and 20) were taken to the hospital and are expected to recover,” said Church spokesman Daniel Woodruff.
Deputies said they have a suspect, a male under 20 years of age, in custody. He reportedly lives at the complex and was only seen wearing jeans at the time of the attack.
Hours after the attack, a crime scene investigator taking pictures of the front of the complex spotted and handcuffed the suspect.
Officials found evidence of blood and said he fit the description.
“It is possible that it is random, however, a motive at this time is really not known,” said Sgt. David Angstadt with the Harris County Sheriff’s Office.
The identities of the missionaries and details of their injuries were not released.
Investigators said they are searching the entire property for a weapon.
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 16557)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 16009)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 13809)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 9044)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 7278)
- Missing Massachusetts girl found in Utah; man arrested for alleged human trafficking - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3003)