Motorcyclist Dies From Injuries After Crashing, Falling 20 Feet
HUNTSVILLE, Utah — A 19-year-old man was transported to the hospital after suffering major trauma to his torso following a crash on Trappers Loop Road. He later died from his injuries.
Capt. Kevin Sheridan with the Weber Fire District said the incident happened around 3:40 p.m. near milepost 10 on Trappers Loop Road.
A 19-year-old male was reportedly traveling uphill on his motorcycle, heading southbound on SR-167 when he took the corner too fast and hit the guard rail. He went up over the guard rail and fell 20 feet down a very steep hill, causing his helmet to flip off and land far away from him.
When Capt. Sheridan responded and first saw him, he said he was doubtful the victim would survive, adding that the victim’s leather jacket was torn to shreds and there was lots of blood.
Bystanders helped authorities extricate the victim off the steep hill.
An Airmed helicopter landed on the roadway, blocking both lanes of traffic, and transported the victim to the University of Utah hospital.
The motorcyclist sustained major trauma to the torso.
Lt. Nick Street with the Utah Highway Patrol said he later died in the hospital.
The victim’s identity was not released.
Officials said it’s the second accident they’ve responded to on that corner in the last 6-8 weeks.
- Details emerge in killings of 2 elderly Clearfield residents (pageviews: 21340)
- EXCLUSIVE: Man takes woman hostage on flight to SLC, Good Samaritan steps in (pageviews: 8551)
- Man arrested in Mexico for murder of Utah radio host (pageviews: 7157)
- Charges in crash that killed 3 should not have been dismissed, Utah appeals court says (pageviews: 6307)
- Here is a list of stores open on Thanksgiving day for that last-minute ingredient - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5572)
- Church opening six new missions in 2023 (pageviews: 3940)