West Valley Police Stop Van Stolen By Group Of Juveniles, Authorities Say
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah – Police said a group of kids were involved in a chase after stealing a vehicle.
A West Valley City police officer ran a van’s license plate after witnessing what police described as “suspicious behavior” in the area of 4400 South and Redwood Road at approximately 10 p.m. Monday.
The officer found it had been listed as stolen, so he attempted to make a traffic stop.
Police said the van drove north on I-215. The vehicle was stopped after police laid down spike strips. Several children were taken into custody, ranging in age from 12 – 15.
The kids were released back to their parents, but they will be facing charges in juvenile court.
- Details emerge in killings of 2 elderly Clearfield residents (pageviews: 5286)
- Three car crash closes road in West Valley City (pageviews: 4285)
- Man killed in rollover crash on I-15 in Draper (pageviews: 3692)
- Man arrested in Mexico for murder of Utah radio host (pageviews: 2165)
- EXCLUSIVE: Man takes woman hostage on flight to SLC, Good Samaritan steps in (pageviews: 2065)
- 2 men arrested for allegedly enticing minors online and by text (pageviews: 2003)