Police Identify Victim Of Payson Sledgehammer Attack
PAYSON, Utah – Authorities have released the identity the victim of a sledgehammer attack that happened in Payson on Aug. 14.
The Payson Police Department on Wednesday identified Benjamin Partridge, 41, who was reportedly hit in the head with the weapon by a 17-year-old. The suspect in the assault then allegedly hit several children at a nearby daycare before fleeing.
According to a GoFundMe account, Partridge was building a fish tank stand in his driveway when the suspect allegedly picked up a sledgehammer that was resting in the front yard and assaulted the Partridge from behind.
“Ben has been stable, but very minimal response,” according to the GoFundMe. “His brain has not stopped swelling as of yet and he still has the danger of passing away. WHEN his brain stops swelling and begins to subside, he will have a much better chance of survival.”
“Benjamin is currently stable and listed in critical condition at the intensive care unit,” according to a police statement. “Benjamin received numerous injuries to include: skull fracture, collapsed lung, damaged liver, damaged spleen, damaged kidneys, fractured hip, fractured rib, injuries to his eyes, and other injuries associated to this attack.”
His brother, Justin Curtis, told KSL TV Monday that Partridge is showing small signs of progress.
Authorities have not listed a possible motive for the attack, and the suspects identity will not be released because he is a juvenile.
The teen is facing charges for attempted aggravated murder, aggravated assault, aggravated child abuse, child abuse, burglary of a dwelling, obstruction of justice, criminal trespass and disorderly conduct.
Partridge’s family has set up a GoFundMe* account to help cover medical expenses.
*KSL TV does not assure that the money deposited to the account will be applied for the benefit of the persons named as beneficiaries. If you are considering a deposit to the account, you should consult your own advisers and otherwise proceed at your own risk.
- 8-year-old girl dies after Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 17916)
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 16520)
- Centerville wildfire 'most likely' caused by fireworks; evacuation orders lifted (pageviews: 8565)
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 8196)
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 7815)
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6068)