High 5: South Jordan Racing Series Goes Virtual
SOUTH JORDAN, Utah – Keeping the community together while staying apart has required a whole lot of creativity during the pandemic, which is why a local recreational professional was nominated for a KSL High 5.
Brad Vaske took half a dozen annual races in South Jordan and turned them into a weekly virtual phenomenon.
“We realize we’ve reached a lot of people we may not have been reaching before the pandemic hit,” he said.
One of those people reached out to KSL TV about the great work Brad has been doing for the City of South Jordan by keeping people active and engaged.
“That’s just part of the rec profession is that we want to reach out to the public, reach out to our community, and provide them opportunities to kind of work on mental health or, you know, physical health or anything like that,” he said.
Brad said he wasn’t expecting to be recognized for a KSL High 5, but he appreciates it.
“Just to be able to stay connected with the public and know that they are, you know, partaking in these thingss and still connected with me – it means a lot,” he said.
He added that South Jordan residents should be prepared as they freshen things up this fall and look for some new twists to the racing series.
KSL TV sent Brad a gift card to say thank you for his efforts to keep everyone connected.
For more information on the racing series, go to SJC.utah.gov.
- 4-Year-Old Boy Left On School Bus For Two Hours (pageviews: 5219)
- South Salt Lake Police Identify 23-Year-Old Murder Victim (pageviews: 4293)
- Ten Puppies, Two Dogs Stolen From South Jordan Home (pageviews: 2642)
- Wednesday's Child: Stoneay Hopes To Find Her Forever Family (pageviews: 1968)
- Debate Commission Says It Will Make Changes To Format (pageviews: 1952)
- Herriman, Riverton Residents Help Give Back To Artist Alex Boyé (pageviews: 1731)
- Grieving Family Desperate To Find Dead Brother’s Storage Unit (pageviews: 1676)
- Putting An End To A COVID Mask Frustration: Foggy Glasses (pageviews: 1373)
- Neighbors Concerned About U Of U Parties As University Goes Online (pageviews: 1320)