34-Year-Old Man Shot, Killed In SLC; Police Searching For Suspect
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – A 34-year-old man has died after being shot near 900 West and North Temple, according to Lt. Brian Sloan with the Salt Lake City Police Department.
Police said the victim was shot multiple times before 11 a.m. and transported to an area hospital in critical condition, where he died from injuries sustained in the incident. Officers have not released his identity.
Sloan said police were still searching for the suspect, but they do not believe there is any threat to the public at this time.
Officers were looking for a silver van that may have been present, but it was not officially a suspect vehicle.
“We’re still trying to track down that van,” Sloan said. “We’re still not sure what, if any, part it played in this, other than it was in the area at the time.”
Witnesses were not able to give officers any identifying information on the suspect. Police said they hope surveillance footage from nearby businesses can assist them in the investigation.
Sloan asked anyone who saw anything in the area of 900 West and North Temple Saturday morning to call 801-799-3000.
- High winds, heavy snow warning for ‘hazardous conditions’ Friday morning - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 31424)
- Body in Provo identified as jogger killed in hit-and-run (pageviews: 20372)
- Newly built homes deemed unlivable due to sliding soil (pageviews: 6785)
- Newly built homes deemed unlivable due to sliding soil - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6168)
- Winter storm leads to messy morning commute; schools moving online, delaying starts - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5857)
- Lehi mom stranded in snowstorm grateful for help from unexpected stranger - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4471)