Short Chase Leads To Arrest Of Man Suspected In Roosevelt Shooting
ROOSEVELT, Utah — A man was taken into custody after he allegedly shot a person in Roosevelt and took off in a stolen vehicle.
The Wasatch County Sheriff’s Office said the 911 Center was notified of a shooting that took place in Roosevelt around 1:00 p.m. Sunday. They were also told that the suspect in the incident stole a vehicle and took off.
Deputies searched State Road 40 and the Daniel Canyon area for the stolen vehicle.
When the car was finally located, the driver took off and a police pursuit was initiated.
Officials from the Sheriff’s Office, Heber City Police, the U.S. Forest Service and Utah State Parks worked together to stop the suspect.
The suspect crashed on SR-189 around milepost 23 and was safely taken into custody.
He was later identified as Jason D. Hare. Officials said he was receiving medical treatment at a hospital in Utah County and will be transferred to jail when possible.
The victim shot in Roosevelt is reportedly in stable condition and receiving medical treatment.
- Utah police ask for help locating suspect in Amazon robbery (pageviews: 3523)
- Real Housewives of SLC Jennie Nguyen no longer cast member after 'offensive' social media posts (pageviews: 3509)
- Body found in Jordan River, police investigating (pageviews: 3503)
- 3x Region Champs, North Sanpete drill coaches go viral in video (pageviews: 3387)
- Wednesday's Child: Creative 13-year-old Kaydee hopes to find forever family (pageviews: 2864)
- Sewage provides alternative insight into COVID-19 surge direction (pageviews: 2841)