Short Chase Leads To Arrest Of Man Suspected In Roosevelt Shooting
ROOSEVELT, Utah — A man was taken into custody after he allegedly shot a person in Roosevelt and took off in a stolen vehicle.
The Wasatch County Sheriff’s Office said the 911 Center was notified of a shooting that took place in Roosevelt around 1:00 p.m. Sunday. They were also told that the suspect in the incident stole a vehicle and took off.
Deputies searched State Road 40 and the Daniel Canyon area for the stolen vehicle.
When the car was finally located, the driver took off and a police pursuit was initiated.
Officials from the Sheriff’s Office, Heber City Police, the U.S. Forest Service and Utah State Parks worked together to stop the suspect.
The suspect crashed on SR-189 around milepost 23 and was safely taken into custody.
He was later identified as Jason D. Hare. Officials said he was receiving medical treatment at a hospital in Utah County and will be transferred to jail when possible.
The victim shot in Roosevelt is reportedly in stable condition and receiving medical treatment.
- US coach makes dramatic rescue of artistic swimmer at worlds (pageviews: 12230)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 7508)
- Utah woman killed, one person injured in Nevada crash (pageviews: 5653)
- Teen trying to save another swimmer drowns in Deer Creek (pageviews: 5638)
- Utah couple gets hit with sky-high surprise air ambulance bill – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4110)
- 5 planets take center stage as they align in the night sky (pageviews: 3222)