Man Dies After Being Struck By SUV On I-15 In Murray
MURRAY, Utah — A man died after he was struck by an SUV on I-15 in Murray.
Corporal Andrew Battenfield with the Utah Highway Patrol confirmed the crash happened around 4:30 a.m. Saturday.
A white SUV was reportedly traveling southbound on I-15 at the top of the 4500 South off-ramp when it struck a pedestrian and continued driving.
A citizen followed the SUV and called 911 to report the incident, according to a Department of Public Safety news release.
The Murray Police Department eventually located the suspect vehicle and stopped it.
Officers then responded back to the 4500 South off-ramp and found a deceased body.
The Utah Highway Patrol later identified the victim as 43-year-old Preston Scott Smith.
The ramp and the right lanes of I-15 were closed into the mid-morning following the crash.
The Utah Highway Patrol is conducting an investigation.
Officials said they don’t know why Smith was on the highway.
The driver is being investigated for impairment.
- US coach makes dramatic rescue of artistic swimmer at worlds (pageviews: 12230)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 7508)
- Utah woman killed, one person injured in Nevada crash (pageviews: 5653)
- Teen trying to save another swimmer drowns in Deer Creek (pageviews: 5638)
- Utah couple gets hit with sky-high surprise air ambulance bill – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4110)
- 5 planets take center stage as they align in the night sky (pageviews: 3222)