Holladay Stabbing Suspect Arrested; Victim In Critical Condition
HOLLADAY, Utah – A 25-year-old man has been arrested in connection with a stabbing at a Holladay home that left one man in critical condition, according to officials with the Unified Police Department.
Police said Daimen Mikel was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail on felony charges of aggravated assault and aggravated burglary on Monday.
Officers were dispatched to the home near 4600 Locust Lane Saturday night after a 58-year-old man was allegedly stabbed multiple times by Mikel.
UPD detective Kevin Mallory said the victim met the suspect downtown and brought him over to help with some things around the house before they got in an argument.
Police set up containment and deployed K-9 resources, but they were not able to locate the suspect.
On Sunday a Unified Fire Authority firefighter noticed a male that matched the suspect’s description and alerted Unified police.
“Officers were dispatched and contacted the suspect, and during the investigation, confirmed he was the suspect from the original incident,” police said. “He had undisclosed injuries that required treatment at a hospital.”
Mikel was released from the hospital Monday and was subsequently booked into jail. Police said the case has been forwarded to the Salt Lake County District Attorney’s Office for screening.
The victim suffered stab wounds to the head, neck and face. He was listed in critical condition as of Monday.
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 6644)
- West Jordan mother in the ICU after being hit by snowmobile while tubing (pageviews: 6488)
- Provo will soon be welcoming its 1st full-size Target store (pageviews: 4817)
- 7 arrested in drug trafficking investigation in Utah and Salt Lake counties (pageviews: 3927)
- Chilling search history on Enoch father's phone: 'Can neighbors hear gunshots?' (pageviews: 3512)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 3261)