BACK TO SCHOOL
Davis School District Reopens With Hybrid Schedule For All Students
WEST BOUNTIFUL, Utah – Another round of students are heading back to the classroom for the first time in months – including the Davis School District, which is the second-biggest district in Utah.
The district is doing things a little differently than other districts, with students use an at home/in school alternating schedule Monday through Thursday. All students will be learning remotely on Fridays.
The board of education unanimously approved the schedule earlier in August as some parents protested to have students in class for five days a week.
“Our kids get to continue learning, they’re building those important relationships, and they’re also keeping themselves, our teachers and our entire community safe,” said instructional coach and parent Sarah Jones.
School board members did acknowledge the hybrid schedule could be changed later in the year.
KSL 5 TV Live
- 'It just keeps coming': Warnings issued in Utah with wintry week ahead (pageviews: 9883)
- 6-year-old boy dies after being ejected during rollover crash (pageviews: 9675)
- Important dates, rendering released for 3 Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint temples (pageviews: 8289)
- Police officer wounded, gunman killed in Springville shootout (pageviews: 7785)
- 2 accused of fraud across multiple states with help from Utah store employee (pageviews: 7017)
- 3 killed in head-on crash in Kane County (pageviews: 6751)