Davis School District Reopens With Hybrid Schedule For All Students
WEST BOUNTIFUL, Utah – Another round of students are heading back to the classroom for the first time in months – including the Davis School District, which is the second-biggest district in Utah.
The district is doing things a little differently than other districts, with students use an at home/in school alternating schedule Monday through Thursday. All students will be learning remotely on Fridays.
The board of education unanimously approved the schedule earlier in August as some parents protested to have students in class for five days a week.
“Our kids get to continue learning, they’re building those important relationships, and they’re also keeping themselves, our teachers and our entire community safe,” said instructional coach and parent Sarah Jones.
School board members did acknowledge the hybrid schedule could be changed later in the year.
- Burger King is returning the Whopper to its original price (pageviews: 5718)
- First case of COVID-19 omicron variant confirmed in Utah (pageviews: 5404)
- Police are searching for the parents of the Michigan high school shooting suspect after they are charged with involuntary manslaughter (pageviews: 3904)
- ‘I thought I could save him’: Family of man killed in police shootout tried to persuade him to surrender (pageviews: 3360)
- KSL Give-A-Thon (pageviews: 2991)
- Burger King is returning the Whopper to its original price – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2850)
- Man killed in Taylorsville standoff was shot by police four years earlier (pageviews: 2605)
- Suspect’s parents charged in Michigan school shooting (pageviews: 2428)
- Missionary in stable condition after being shot at basketball activity (pageviews: 2089)