West Jordan Crews Knock Down Overnight Fire At Abandoned Restaurant
WEST JORDAN, Utah – Firefighters responded to a structure fire early Tuesday.
The incident happened in the area of 7800 South and 2700 West. The fire was called in at approximately 2:30 a.m. by some passersby.
The abandoned structure used to be a restaurant, but it’s been vacant and the power has been off for a couple of months, officials said.
“When our crews arrived, they had a fully-involved abandoned structure on the back side,” said Battalion Chief Darin Montgomery with the West Jordan Fire Department.
Authorities described the flames as being 20 – 30 feet high.
Crews were able to knock the fire down, and an investigation is underway.
No injuries were reported.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8296)
- Attempted kidnapping near Utah junior high has school, police warning parents (pageviews: 5701)
- Suspect arrested in connection to ritualistic child sex abuse investigation (pageviews: 4813)
- Three-vehicle crash closes Mountain View Corridor, one passenger ejected (pageviews: 3465)
- Police: Suspect shot, hospitalized after exchanging gunfire with Orem officers (pageviews: 3004)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County (pageviews: 2451)