Utah Reports 7 New COVID-19 Deaths, 403 New Cases, 124 Current Hospitalizations
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Utah on Tuesday reported 403 new cases of COVID-19 and seven new deaths.
The reported rolling seven-day average for positive tests is 370 per day, and the rolling seven-day average for percent of positive laboratory tests is 9.3%. The state has tested 630,599 people so far, and 49,767 of those tests returned positive.
The Utah Department of Health reported the number of people tested remains artificially low and the percent of positives are artificially high due to a reporting delay that resulted in negative lab results not being reported.
There are currently 124 patients hospitalized with the virus, 47 of which are in intensive care units. Another 19 patients are currently hospitalized as COVID-19 persons under investigation. UDOH reports 44.5% of all non-ICU beds and 65.5% of all ICU beds in Utah hospitals are occupied.
So far, 397 Utahns have died from the virus. The following deaths were reported Tuesday:
- Male, older than 85, Sanpete County resident, not hospitalized at time of death
- Female, older than 85, Utah County resident, long-term care facility resident
- Female, between 45 and 64, Salt Lake County resident, hospitalized at time of death
- Male, between 45 and 64, Weber County resident, hospitalized at time of death
- Female, between 65 and 84, Utah County resident, long-term care facility resident
- Female, between 65 and 84, Weber County resident, hospitalized at time of death
- Male, between 65 and 84, Washington County resident, hospitalized at time of death
The state is considering 41,529 cases as recovered, meaning those patients received a positive diagnosis more than three weeks ago and they have not died.
- Why this mom’s abortion decision challenged her family’s religious beliefs (pageviews: 8360)
- At least 2 injured after semi hauling beehives tips on I-80 (pageviews: 8027)
- 48 migrants die after trailer abandoned in Texas heat (pageviews: 6371)
- Family members remember, honor two USU plane crash victims (pageviews: 6297)
- UPDATE: Ogden teen found by family (pageviews: 4692)