Free Virtual Job Fair Set for Thursday
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Utah Department of Workforce Services has scheduled another virtual job fair for Aug. 27.
The fair will is open to anyone who needs a new job.
It’s the fourth online job fair since the pandemic started and caused thousands of Utahns to lose employment.
According to a statement, people who log on will find virtual employer booths showing the company profile and job openings. Applicants can use a computer or their smartphones to find part-time, full-time and remote work jobs.
Jobs run the gamut from health care, retail and transportation to education and other sectors.
Participants must pre-register at jobs.utah.gov. Employers will schedule interviews and make job offers on the spot.
The job fair is Thursday from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. There is also an online workshop on Aug. 26 to help people navigate the job fair.
The news release stated Utans receiving unemployment benefits must now report at least four job contacts for each week that they request benefits.
Liz Carver from the Workforce Development Division Programs and Training said, “This virtual job fair is a great opportunity for job seekers and those receiving unemployment to make lots of quality job contacts in a safe environment.”
- Utah's Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? (pageviews: 13464)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility (pageviews: 10146)
- Utah’s Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10091)
- Utah truck driver arrested in California cold case from 1994 (pageviews: 6951)
- Utah correctional officer assaulted by inmate at state prison (pageviews: 5445)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5414)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah (pageviews: 4793)