SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Utah Department of Workforce Services has scheduled another virtual job fair for Aug. 27.
The fair will is open to anyone who needs a new job.
It’s the fourth online job fair since the pandemic started and caused thousands of Utahns to lose employment.
According to a statement, people who log on will find virtual employer booths showing the company profile and job openings. Applicants can use a computer or their smartphones to find part-time, full-time and remote work jobs.
Jobs run the gamut from health care, retail and transportation to education and other sectors.
Participants must pre-register at jobs.utah.gov. Employers will schedule interviews and make job offers on the spot.
The job fair is Thursday from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. There is also an online workshop on Aug. 26 to help people navigate the job fair.
The news release stated Utans receiving unemployment benefits must now report at least four job contacts for each week that they request benefits.
Liz Carver from the Workforce Development Division Programs and Training said, “This virtual job fair is a great opportunity for job seekers and those receiving unemployment to make lots of quality job contacts in a safe environment.”
- Man Dies From Injuries Sustained In Tooele County Crash (pageviews: 6306)
- Wasatch Co. Family Remembers Mother Killed In Fiery Heber City Crash (pageviews: 5570)
- One Arrest Made In Austin, Texas, Mass Shooting That Injured 14 People (pageviews: 5069)
- Four People Were Rescued Off A Boat 'Teetering' At The Edge Of A Texas Dam, Police Say (pageviews: 4786)
- Prices are Surging. Here's What Is Getting More Expensive (pageviews: 4155)
- Utah Woman Dies After Rollover Crash In Idaho (pageviews: 3149)
- Taylorsville Teen Dismembered, Stabbed (pageviews: 2991)
- Officials Urge Utahns To Follow Extreme Drought Watering Guide (pageviews: 2617)
- Water Wasting Reports Flood Utah's 'Hall Of Fame Or Shame' Website (pageviews: 2390)