Runaway Truck Crashes Into Garden City Gift Shop
GARDEN CITY, Utah – Another runaway truck crashed in northern Utah while descending out of Logan Canyon on U.S. Highway 89, according to Cpl. Andrew Battenfield with the Utah Highway Patrol.
The concrete pumping truck crashed into a gift shop around 7 p.m. Tuesday, and Battenfield said the driver suffered injuries that were not life-threatening. No other injuries were reported.
— Mike Anderson (@mikeandersonKSL) August 26, 2020
Witnesses told troopers the truck’s brakes appeared to be on fire as it went through the intersection.
Multiple truck crashes have been reported in Garden City, which is located near Bear Lake. Two trucks crashed within the same week last August, destroying a series of storage units.
One driver was killed in an Oct. 2018 crash, when a truck destroyed a sporting goods store at the intersection of Highway 89 and state Route 30, also known as Raspberry Square.
UDOT crews are currently working on a runaway truck solution that involves a series of cable fences that catch the truck in a narrow concrete chute.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8591)
- Hiker with flip-flops grateful to be alive after fall at Bridal Veil Falls – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7853)
- Iconic Stranger Things house for sale – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4030)
- St. George grandma pregnant, carrying son’s baby after his wife’s hysterectomy (pageviews: 3671)
- St. George grandma pregnant, carrying son’s baby after his wife’s hysterectomy – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3209)
- ‘Totally devastated’: Trucks, trailers and ATVs stolen from Pleasant Grove neighborhood (pageviews: 2231)