Suspect Leads UHP On Chase Following Stabbing In Cache County
NIBLEY, Utah – A man is in the hospital after a Wednesday morning stabbing that ended with a police chase in Cache County.
Deputies responded to a call at approximately 5 a.m. at a Maverik located in the area of 3100 South and Highway 165.
According to a statement from the Cache County Sheriff’s Office, when authorities arrived they discovered a man who “had a significant stab wound to the arm.”
A witness said the victim had been driven to the gas station from a transient camp located in Millville Canyon. The victim, a 31-year-old man, was transported to the hospital. He was later transported by helicopter to a hospital in Murray.
The Utah Highway Patrol located a suspect, Ronald D. Nalepa, 39, of Logan, who was driving in the Wellsville area. Troopers initiated a traffic stop and Nalepa reportedly fled. Authorities pursued him as he drove in the direction of Logan City.
According to CCSO, Nalepa’s vehicle stopped in Logan in the area of 150 West and 100 North. Logan City Police officers took him into custody.
Nalepa was booked into the Cache County Jail on suspicion of aggravated assault, a second-degree felony; evading law enforcement, a third-degree felony; as well as several other charges including driving under the influence.
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch (pageviews: 10947)
- Live (pageviews: 6780)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 5943)
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5940)
- BREAKING: Abortion now prohibited in Utah (pageviews: 4798)
- Utah 'trigger law' banning abortion to go into effect after Roe v. Wade overturned (pageviews: 4654)